Thursday, December 01, 2005

The convolver PC

To execute room correction in real time, we need a PC to run the program BruteFIR. However, BruteFIR runs with Linux, so, somehow, thie PC also need to run in Linux. This is the Convolver PC

This is the center for room correction! It is basically a PC running BruteFIR in Linux using Uli's program BruteFIR in USB. To build such a PC, you want a good sound card that can give you all the flexibilities I chose RME HDSP9652. For one thing, it has many input and outputs whick allows me to expand to home theatre room correction once I become more experienced. But most importantly, someone have used this before and it is easier for things to be sorted out if things go wrong!

This PC also need to be dead silent. To achieve this, I have chosed a silent power supply - silverstone ST30NF. The case I chose is an alluminium case and the only thing that needs to be solved is the CPU fan. Oh! AMD CPU works out to be much more cooler than Intel, so I chose AMD as as the CPU for this PC! Zalman CPU fan can also help to make cool down the CPU without making any noise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home